A SHORT HISTORY OF BEAVER LODGE No 885 G.C
On the 11th of December 1956, a club known as the “Five Points Club” was formed among Canadian troops stationed in Germany “for the purpose of furthering Masonic fellowship among the Masons serving in Germany”.
At a meeting of the Club on the 11th of June 1962, it was agreed to apply for permission to form a Lodge jointly with the British troops in Germany, resulting in Lodge Officers being elected.
The Club closed and transferred all its assets to the proposed new Lodge.
The brethren rehearsed and prepared for the consecration of their Lodge – the name of which was to be Beaver Lodge.
On the 16th of March 1963 the Lodge was consecrated in the Logenhaus, Soest. The Lodge remained in Soest for 20 years, moved to the Park Hotel in Werl in 1983 and then to the Stadthalle Werl in 1999.
In November 2004 the Lodge was invited back to Soest again by the local German Lodge “Zur Bundeskette” where we remain to this day.
A photo of the Lodge premises can be seen on the under-mentioned link which includes our sister Lodge “Zur Bundeskette”.